Gallbladder stones can cause discomfort and inflammation. If the person exhibits any symptoms that indicate gallbladder stones should consult a general surgeon in Lahore. The surgeon can help perform the test for diagnosis and guide about the surgical options that would help lead a healthier life.
What is open gallbladder removal surgery?
The gallbladder is a small organ present in the upper right side of the stomach that stores bile. Bile is the fluid that helps in the breakdown of fatty foods. Due to the imbalance in the substances present in the bile, gallstones are formed. Gallstones can block the flow and cause intense pain. When the pain becomes unbearable, the person is recommended to get the gallbladder removed.
Open gallbladder surgery is commonly known as cholecystectomy colectomy. The procedure involves the removal of the gallbladder by a single large incision made near the organ.
buy antabuse online https://www.parkviewortho.com/wp-content/languages/new/over/antabuse.html over the counter
What conditions make open gallbladder removal necessary?
The conditions that necessitate the person to go for the surgery are:
- The blocked flow of the bile causing irritation
- Intense pain in the belly
- The person feels nauseous
- The person experiences indigestion, heartburn, and bloating
- The skin becomes pale, and the eyes become yellow.
What is the procedure of Open gallbladder removal?
The person undergoing the open gallbladder removal is given general anesthesia before the surgery. Open colectomy is selected when due to previous surgeries, laparoscopic gallbladder removal is not possible.
buy cipro online https://www.parkviewortho.com/wp-content/languages/new/over/cipro.html over the counter
The surgeon will make a single large incision and remove the gallbladder. After the surgery, the incision is closed with stitches. The patient will have to alter their eating habits by reducing the intake of fatty foods.
What are the risks associated with the surgery?
The risk factors associated with open gallbladder surgery are:
- An allergic reaction to medicines or general anesthesia
- Abdominal bleeding during the surgery
- The person might suffer from pancreatitis
- Increased heart rate could lead to heart failure
- Infection after the surgery could increase the complications
- Blood clotting and damage to blood vessels
What is the protocol for the surgery?
The patient before the surgery is required to:
- Give a medical history to the doctor before the surgery
- Women have to inform if they are pregnant before the surgery
- Inform about family history
- Physical exam including blood tests and imaging tests of the gallbladder
- Stop taking supplements a couple of days before the surgery
- The person is required to fast 4 hours before the surgery
- Take a shower using an antibacterial soap before the surgery.
What is the aftercare of the surgery?
After the surgery, the patient has to stay at the hospital for 2-3 days to ensure no complications. The patient fully recovers in a time span of 1-2 months. The aftercare of the surgery includes:
- Walking slowly every day to minimize the chances of blood clots
- Adequate intake of water to prevent dehydration
- No heavy weight lifting
- Using a sanitizer before touching the incision site
- Change the dressing as per the guideline of the surgeon
- Wear loose clothes to remain in the comfort zone
- Changing eating habits; less intake of fatty foods
Individuals diagnosed with gallbladder stones should consult with the general surgeon in Karachi to opt for a suitable surgical procedure.