Get the Best Outcome From Your Botox Treatment by Following These Tips
Whenever you decide to get a facial treatment such as Botox, you will wish to achieve the best possible results for your effort, time, and money. Follow these tips to increase the longevity and effectiveness of your botox treatment.
Find an Experienced and Certified Doctor / Injector
This is the most important step when considering botox treatment. Do the research and consider testimonials or reviews about the doctor who will be performing the procedure. An inexperienced or unqualified injector/doctor might not have the appropriate training or experience required to safely perform a botox procedure. Without the proper training, they risk excessively injecting the botox or injecting it in the wrong location where there may be nerves or blood vessels. Do some thorough research and only go to an experienced and certified practice like for your hyaluronic acid fillers treatment.
Inform Your Botox Injector About any Supplement/Medications you Take
Since botox injections are considered medical treatments, it is essential to divulge all supplements and medications you are consuming to the botox injector because certain supplements and medications can thin the blood leading to excessive bruising. Your botox injector can help you choose which pharmaceuticals and supplements to discontinue prior to a botox treatment so as to prevent excessive bruising.
Avoid Moving While Receiving Botox Injections
Keeping still while receiving botox injections will ensure that it goes exactly into the targeted area. Sudden movements such as blinking or even talking can displace the needle and cause bruising or imperfect results.
Follow all Aftercare Instructions
After your botox injection, there are some aftercare instructions that you need to follow to get the best outcome. Some of them are;
- Avoid sleeping on or touching the treated area, any form of facial treatment, or strenuous activities like exercising and go makeup free for at least 24hrs following botox treatment as they can apply pressure to your skin and are capable of dispersing the botox.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before and after treatment as it has an anti-inflammatory effect that thins your blood and can cause bruising around the treated area. The same also goes for most over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen.
- You can use ice for the bruising but be sure not to put too much pressure on the treated area to keep the botox in the targeted location.
- Try to sit up for at least the first 4 hours following botox treatment. Bending or laying down might disperse the toxin to other areas and promote bruising.
- Avoid sun exposure for a minimum of four hours. The heat can encourage flushing and raise your blood pressure, promoting the formation of bruises. Also, avoid other kinds of heat exposure like hot tubs, saunas, hot showers or baths at least 24-48hours after treatment just to be safe.
Maintain an Excellent Skin-Care Regimen
It’s crucial that you look after your skin between botox treatments. Applying a medical-grade moisturiser in addition to taking Vitamins A & C will help to protect your skin from suffering the harsh effects of sun exposure and drying out. In colder seasons or climates, protect your skin from getting dry and flaky by using creams or lotions with silicone and shea butter.
Eat a Proper Diet
Your diet can greatly affect your skin’s appearance. Change your diet and stop eating processed and packaged foods. Also, try to limit your sugar intake. Adhere to a healthy lifestyle by keeping the appropriate weight through getting regular exercise and eating right.
Know that drastic weight loss, particularly in the face region, can lessen the longevity and effectiveness of botox. If you are on a weight loss regimen, inform your doctor to discuss your options.
Drinking a lot of water is good for the skin. Water helps to flush out those unseen contaminants or impurities that the environment causes in your body. The best long-term botox outcomes are only possible with healthy skin.
Additionally, hydration increases the rejuvenating effects of hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is naturally found in the skin and other body parts, though its quantity decreases with age. It retains and attracts water particles. HA-based dermal fillers and serums remove wrinkles using this mechanism.
As discussed above, healthy lifestyle choices are crucial to having young smoother skin. Cosmetic procedures like botox treatment, laser treatment, dermal filler injection, chemical peel application, etc., will only work if you have given up habits that work against their effects.